Loss Of A Spouse
July 24, 2021
Widowed? Wondering about doing life by yourself?
- Video seminar: You’ll view a 35-minute video with encouraging, practical advice from counselors, pastors, and widowed men and women.
- Sharing time: Then you’ll get to talk with other widowed people about what you learned from the video. (There’s no pressure to share!)
- A guide to bring home: Everyone receives a FREE book with more than 30 short readings on how to live with grief and eventually rebuild your life.
- Cost: Your time. Everything else is FREE.
BEGINS AUGUST 2, 2021
Mondays, 6- 8pm
For any adult grieving the death of a loved one or friend. Each semester is 13 weeks.
CARING SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS AND ADULTS
GRIEVING THE DEATH OF A LOVED ONE
GriefShare is offered for adults and SHIFT is for students, grades 3-12. Both provide safe environments, are 13 weeks in length, and are staffed by compassionate leaders who have sustained similar losses. Both programs are offered in the fall and spring. GriefShare is offered on campus and online. SHIFT and the on-campus GriefShare run simultaneously allowing the parent and the child to receive grief support at the same time.
All sessions provide practical help, support, guidance, and encouragement. GriefShare provides large and small group support with practical video sessions. SHIFT also has large and small group activities and uses art projects to help students work through the emotions related to their grief.
ALL GRIEF SUPPORT MINISTRIES are open to church members and the community.
SHIFT will resume in August 2021.
What is SHIFT?
- 13-week faith-based program for kids & teens grades 3 – 12, processing the death of a loved one.
- Age-appropriate small groups, lessons & activities
- GriefShare is offered for adults at the same time.
- Shifts - What happened?
- Not Alone - Realizing others have experienced loss
- It’s Personal - No two people grieve the same
- Words & Tears - Share, don’t stuff
- Anger - Common, but don’t live there
- Guilt - Identify the truth behind your guilt
- Fear - The mind can be more powerful than reality
- What’s the Plan? - There are no rules in grief
- Navigating - Healthy choices in new circumstances
- Questions - All questions are OK
- Relationships - Navigating the changes
- Not Alone – Part 2 God is always with you
- Hope - Death is not the end
Have a question about SHIFT? Contact Linda Franklin using the Contact Us button below.
Special Grief Support Events
LOSS OF A SPOUSE - Offered twice a year includes practical help through video, small groups, and a complimentary book. 2 hours.
SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS - Offered once a year before Thanksgiving. Includes very practical help through video, small groups, and a complimentary book. 2 hours
Photos & Videos
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 972.436.5502
Have questions? Want more information? Reach out to FBC Lewisville and one of our team will get back with you shortly. We are here to answer any questions you may have about Christ, Salvation, the Bible, this Church, Events, or other things we can help with.