Standing The Test of Time
The story of First Baptist Lewisville began in 1869 when a small group of 13 dedicated people formed a humble church called the Holford Prairie Church, later Holford Baptist Church in a two-story building which stood where Old Hall Cemetery is now located on McGee Lane, just a few blocks north of our church's present location.
In 1882, the 37 members met and formed a committee to build a new church. The First Baptist Church of Lewisville was built at the corner of Charles Street and Main.
In 1935, a basement was dug under the church which enabled the Sunday School to function with four distinct departments. In 1952, a three-story brick building was erected. A new auditorium was added in 1956 to seat 450 people.
The church was remodeled in 1973 under Dr. Gilbert Callaway. During the 1980's, under Bro. Leonard Molone, a new sanctuary was built.
In the mid 90's with Dr. Stephen Hatfield as Pastor, First Baptist moved from Old Town Lewisville to our current location on Valley Ridge Blvd. The most recent building phase was the addition of our current Worship Center on the west end of our campus.
FBC Lewisville has adapted to change and continued to thrive. Our church's history and roots run very deep in this area. The church staff and leadership are committed to making sure that FBC is always known for helping people make commitments to Jesus, His followers and His world.