It’s time for summer!
I love reflecting on the way God has moved this past year and then look forward to summer and a time of refreshing and renewal. I want to share with you some things God has done this past year in our TOMS ministry (teen moms and dads) and let you know about opportunities to get involved over the summer and in the new year.
• Over the past 6 years, God has allowed us to minister to 160 teen parents
• This past year alone, we had the opportunity to minister to 38 new parents we had never met before.
• 7 of our teen moms, ones we have known for 4-5 years, shared their testimonies of how God has changed their lives. They know Jesus and he is transforming them in incredible ways.
• We took 8 couples through premarital counseling this spring.
• We are so thankful for our mentors (men and women) who poured into these teens and their babies all year. These adults love Jesus and walk life with these teens even when the road is difficult.
Coming This Fall
• Next year we are moving TOMS to Sunday nights from 5:15pm-6:45pm
• We want to be able to feed our girls and babies once a month—to help meet physical needs. We are looking for groups or Bible Study classes that will take a month and cook or cater the meal and serve. Would you or your group be willing to help us by taking a night to feed?
• We need help stocking our diapers. Would you be willing to purchase a large box of size 1 or size 5 and bringing them to us? We give the girls 20 diapers every week they attend TOMS and we are running low.
• We always need drivers. Would any of you be willing to pick up a girl and her baby and return them home after our meetings on Sundays?
If you are able to help in any way or if you’d like more information about our ministry, email Mikel Porter at
Young Adult Minister
Posted on Tue, May 24, 2016
by Mikel Porter