“The Hope of Glory”
The second half of this chapter is a confession, a declaration that our ultimate hope is in God. Not government. Not in diplomacy. Not in our wealth or prosperity. True hope is found in him. And no other. Our future is bright and secure because salvation belongs to God and him alone: “O Lord, you will ordain peace for us, for you have indeed done for us all our works” (26:12). He is our Hope!
Remember to “stay the course.” How?
1. Fix your eyes on eternity. “Look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18).
2. Obey God and his Word. “O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you” (Psalm 39:7).
3. Choose wisely. “So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom”
4. Understand your uniqueness is a gift from God. “Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none for them” (Psalm 139:12).
5. Say “no” to temptations and distractions. “I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do” (John 17:4).
Posted on Tue, February 2, 2016
by First Baptist Church